Here are a few words of wisdom from America’s “indispensible man”.
(Trivia note: George Washington’s birth day is recorded as February 11, 1731 under the old style Julian Calendar. When England converted to the Gregorian Calendar in 1750, all dates had to be revised. As we reckon our current calendar, Washington’s birth date is February 22, 1732.)
- Why did George Washington have trouble sleeping? – Because he couldn’t lie.
- What do you call George Washington’s false teeth? – Presidentures!
- What would you get if you crossed the first US president with an animated character? – George Washingtoon!
- What would George Washington be if he were alive today? – Really, really, really old!
- How did George Washington speak to his army?- In general terms!