So, thanks to all of you who send me such wonderful nuggets in my e-mail. Keep it up.
This one is a particularly telling rebuke of Princess Nancy and what she stands for. Before the letter though, I present you with the author’s CV (credentials)…
- Born St.. Louis , Missouri , August 21, 1944
- Bar Admissions:
- North Carolina , 1969
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina, 1969
- U.S. Tax Court
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Education: Woodford College , 1966 A.B.
- Mercer University , 1969 J.D.
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Vice-Justice, District XIV, 1968 – 1969
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina and American Bar Associations (Member, Sections on: Administrative Law; General Practice; Litigation)
- 26th Judicial District and North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- North Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- Captain, U.S. Army, 1969-1971, Vietnam
- National Defense Medal, 1969
- Republic of Viet Nam Service Medal, 1970
- Bronze Star Medals (2), 1971
- Assistant District Attorney, Mecklenburg County , 1971 – 1974
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, Board of Trustees Providence United Methodist Church
- Board of Directors, Alexander Children’s Home
- Board of Directors, Charlotte Culinary Institute
- Wofford Alumni Executive Council
- Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts of America
- Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America of Mecklenburg County
- Board of Directors, Girl Scout Council
- Life Member, National Eagle Scout Association
- Life Member, Girl Scouts of America
After the scan of the original letter, I have posted a transcript that is easier to read.
Here is an easier copy to read.
Dear Ms. Pelosi:
I write to you out of utter disdain! You are as despicable and un-American as the traitor Jane Fonda.
I am a soon to be 65 year-old who has voted in every state and local election since 1966. I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats alike. I have worked on campaigns for both Republicans and Democrats, white and black. I served the country that I love in Vietnam, as my son did in the Middle East. I was awarded two bronze stars. I have been involved in politics since age 6 when my father was campaign manager for a truly great American Congressman, Charles Raper Jonas, who worked for his constituents and his country, and was to be admired, unlike you.
You obviously havent read the Constitution recently, if ever, the Federalist Papers, or even David McCulloughs book on John Adams. You ought to take the time while riding around in your government provided luxury executive jet to do just that. You represent Socialistic and even Marxist (principles) that our founding fathers tried to avoid when setting out the capitalistic republican form of government represented by our Constitution.
I find it interesting that you and your husband are multi-millionaires with much of your fortune being made as a result of your public service. You have controlled legislation that has enhanced your husbands investments both on and off shore. At the same time you redistributed the wealth of others. Our system of a free market economy is being destroyed by the likes of you, Harry Reid, and now our President. You ride around in a Gulfstream airplane at the tax payers expense while criticizing the presidents of companies who produced something for the economy. You add nothing to the economy of the United States; you only subtract therefrom.
I would like to suggest that you return to the city of fruitcakes and nuts and eat your husbands canned tuna and pineapple produced by illegal immigrants and by workers who have been excluded from the protection that 90% of the legal workers in the United States have.
I await your defeat in the next election with glee.
Dont ever use the term un-American again for protesters who love this country and are exercising their rights upon which this country was founded. By the way, while I served in the Army, I was spit on by the same type of lunatics who support you and who you probably supported in the 60s and 70s. You are an embarrassment to all of us who served so that you would have the protected right of free speech to call us un-American But at the same time, I have the right to write you to notify you that I consider you to be un-American, as do the majority of the people of this formerly great country. You are a true disgrace to most of the people who served this country by offering themselves for public service in the United States Congress.
I feel certain your aides will not share this letter with you, but I intend to share it with many.
Dennis L. Guthrie
Feel free to share this post with friends. The first step is recognizing that we have a problem. The next is to vote them out of office. Obama’s turn comes in less than a year.
By the way, you can check on the authenticity of the letter here.
(Thanks to Ed for sending me this one. Nice find.)