So, here is a collection of photos that encapsulates a lot of my thoughts on gun control in general and the 2nd Amendment in particular…
- Don’t pick a fight with an older person. If they are too old to fight, they’ll just shoot you.
- Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. – L. Neil Smith
- When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
- They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.
- The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm ‘Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?”No Ma’am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.’
- Beware the man who only carries one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
- I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said ‘Well I certainly hope it isn’t loaded!’ To which I said, of course it is loaded, it can’t work without bullets!’ She then asked, ‘Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?’ My reply was, “No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too”.
- A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him ‘Why do you carry a 45?’ The Ranger responded, ‘Because they don’t make a 46.’
- I am convinced that we can do to guns what we’ve done to drugs: create a multi-billion dollar underground market over which we have absolutely no control. – George L. Roman
- They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? – Paul Harvey, 1994
- This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! – Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
- Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew’s possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. – Nazi Law (Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons), 1938
- Gun registration is a gateway drug. – Mark Gilmore
- Suppose the Second amendment said A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed. Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor
- It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. – Thomas Paine (1737-1809), American Revolutionary, US Founding Father and Author
- When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President of the United States
John Stossel gives us the low down on what happens to crime rates as gun control increases…
And of course, there is always the wit and wisdom of William Shatner on the issue of gun control…
(Post inspired by this one at pobeptsworld.wordpress.com .)